Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from Lofoten
Fra 1500 NOK
Visit the hometown of Hurtigruten, the brand-new museum, and explore the village of Stormarknes by foot or bike. On your way back to Svolvær, you will join the famous Hurtigruten ship, while visiting Norway’s most iconic northern fjord: Trollfjord.
Step back in history in the footsteps of the iconic Hurtigruten story
Make your way up to the hometown of Hurtigruten, the coastal steamers that connected the north and south of Norway since late 1800. Visit the Hurtigruten museum, located in the hometown of Hurtigruten, named Stokmarknes, and even join the iconic Hurtigruten boat back to Svolvær, while visiting Norway’s most iconic northern fjord: Trollfjord. A wonderful day out in Norwegian Coastal history.
A wonderful day out in Norwegian Coastal history.
Once in Stokmarknes, visit the brand-new museum and the village on foot. You will be able to see the sea wherever you walk. On your way back to Svolvær, you will even join the impressive Hurtigruten boat, while visiting Norway’s most iconic northern fjord: Trollfjord.
Explore Stokmarknes, the hometown of Hurtigruten
In the 1800's, the entrepreneurial drive was flowing through this area and left its mark today: these days, you can visit many local-founded companies. During the optional self-guided bike tour you can visit the organic farm of Anna, the Keramik Kafe of Tinna, and the Glass and Tea shop of Betty - easy to find via our Arctic Route Story app to guide you along the way. Or rather explore the village by foot? Our Story app will bring you to Artscape Nordland sculptures at Børøya, passing the impressive bridge between Hadseløya and Børøya. And end the tour at the local Rødbrygga bar, overlooking the area.
- 07:30 - Departure from Svolvær centre by bus (Arctic Route)
- 08:30 - Scenic ferry between Lofoten Islands and Vesterålen (35 minutes)
- 09:35 - Arrival at Hurtigruten museum at Stokmarknes
- 12:00 - Optional tours: Explore Stokmarknes by foot (free) OR Explore the area of Stokmarknes (Hadseløya) by bike (additional charge for the bike rental)
- 14:45 - Check-in at Hurtigruten Ship
- 15:15 - Departure with Hurtigruten Ship to Svolvær, with visit to Trollfjord along the way
- 18:15 - Arrival at Svolvær centre
- Optional. from 18:30 dinner can be purchased on the ship
- 20:15 - Hop off the ship as the ship leaves towards the south at 20:30
Food: Lunch can be bought in the Hurtigruten Museum, in the original restaurant on board the Museum Ship. Stokmarknes has a supermarket, local cafe (Rødbrygge). If you choose the biking trip, food can be bought at the Keramik Kafe and at Betty Tesalong. At the end of this journey, can you have dinner on board of Hurtigruten Ship that brings you back to Svolvær. You can order that on board from 18:30. The ship stays at the docks until 20:30 (8.30pm) - so then it is time to leave the ship.
Notice: Due to bad weather, the passage into Trollfjord could be adjusted in time/distance or excluded from the trip towards Svolvær.
Fra 1500 NOK
- Transport by bus
- Ferry crossing between Lofoten Islands and Vesterålen (35 minutes)
- Entrance Hurtigruten (self-guided tours)
- Option 1: Self-guided walk at Stokmarknes, including a walk to Art Nordland sculptures (included - no additional charge)
- Option 2: Self-guided bike tour from Stokmarknes to the farm shop of Norheim Gård, Keramikk Kafe and Betty Tesalong (additional charge for the bike-rental)
- Ferry trip on Hurtigruten Ship, passing into the iconic Trollfjord, back to Svolvær
- Digital storytelling via Arctic Route Story app
- Add-on: dinner at Hurtigruten at the quay at Svolvær (to be purchased on board of Hurtigruten - from 18:30 (6.30pm))
Whale-Watching from Svolvær
The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in LofotenBestill fra 990 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBestill fra 1500 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBestill fra 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodation - summerBestill fra 6100 NOk