Visit magical Senja island, including 1 overnight, from Tromsø
From 2950 NOK
Senja island, a wonderful bus and ferry trip away from Tromsø, Norway. Visit this hidden gem and stay one night at the authentic fishing resort of Hamn i Senja, located on the National Scenic Route. A unique Arctic pearl!
NOTICE: Accommodation is included in this package.
This tour offers you an easy-to-book possibility to visit the majestic island of Senja in a comfortable and frictionless way, with the possibility of spending a night on the island. We promise you some real Arctic adventure holidays, above the Arctic circle, where you will experience the real Arctic way of life!
5 reasons to visit Senja
- Until now, it is still a hidden gem to many travellers - you will have nature for yourself.
- The viewpoints at Tugneset, Bergsbotn, Mefjord, Ersfjord and the Bergsæya archipelago of Hamn are mesmerizing.
- The National Scenic Route as Senja must be the best one out of all 18 Routes.
- Pure blue waters, green forests and white mountain tops will be pure 'eye-candy'.
- The friendliness of the local people will give this island a place in your heart.
Island hopping by bus and ferry along the National Scenic Route
Go for a wonderful day along the Norwegian coast, hopping from Tromsø island to Kvaløya island, to Senja Island, Norway. After 1,5 hour's drive from Tromsø, you hop on a local ferry crossing over to Senja, where the unique nature will dazzle you.
Along the way, there will be photo stops at Kattfjordeidet lake and Ersfjord beach – once chosen as the most beautiful beach in Norway. Time to stretch your legs here and take in the Arctic summer scenery. Keep your camera close.
The magic of Senja
You might wonder where is Senja located or what to do in Senja. As the second largest island of Norway, Senja has often been nicknamed “a Norway in miniature”, in Northern Norway, located southwest of Tromsø. On this tour, you will pass through many of the different types of wilderness and landscapes Norway has to offer. It is home to deep fjords, steep mountains, white beaches and a strong fishing culture. You will follow one of Norway’s 18 National Scenic Routes on the western outskirts of Senja. Join our photo stop at the scenic Ersfjord beach surrounded by majestic mountains and “decorated” with the gradually world-famous ‘Golden Toilet’.
Food: a tasting platter is included upon your arrival at Hamn i Senja. Dinner (not included) can be booked upon arrival. For your way back to Tromsø the next day, a food bag including a tasty vegetarian wrap and Arctic water is included. If you need more, we stop at the local supermarket in Skaland on Senja (13:35 on the way to, and 16:15 on the way back) - not open on Sundays.
- Day 1:
- Departure Tromsø: 08:45
- Photo stop at Katfjordeidet: 09:20
- Sea ferry crossing: 10:45-11:00
- Photo stop at Ersfjord Beach: 12:30-12:50
- Arrival Hamn i Senja: 14:25
- Seafood lunch in His + walk around: 14:25-15:25 (1 hour)
- Relax, check-in at Hamn i Senja or join an activity (wildlife safari by boat, kayak tour, fishing trip... to be booked upon arrival)
- Day 2:
- Departure Hamn i Senja: 15:30
- Sea ferry crossing: 18:00-18:45
- Arrival Tromsø: 20:15
Activities at Hamn i Senja (to book upon arrival):
- Wildlife & Fjord Safari by Boat: NOK 1280 per person
- Kayaking in Bergsfjorden: NOK 1715 per person
- Fishing trip: NOK 1695 per person
- Bike rental: NOK 595 per person
Photo credit main picture: Sophia Sörensdotter
From 2950 NOK
- Scenic bus route along lakes, fjords, mountains, and arctic villages, from Tromsø
- Photo stops at Kattfjordeidet lake and Ersfjord beach
- Ferry crossing of 40 minutes between Kvaløya and Senja (both ways)
- Lunch including fish in the restaurant or at the quay in front of the restaurant Storbrygge
- Overnight at Hamn i Senja, including breakfast (no harbour view)
- Optional beer-tasting: 3x10cl of local brewed beers by Senja Handbryggeri
- Food bag including vegetarian wrap and Arctic water on day 2
- Free wifi, USB charging points and toilet on board the bus
- Digital Story App by Arctic Route
Accommodation is included. This package gives you the option to visit Senja, enjoy a local lunch and have a relaxed stay on Senja island.
Our package trips
Visit magical Senja island, including 1 overnight, from TromsøBook from 2950 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3880 NOK