At the gateway of Finnish Lapland
From 5250 NOK
Finnish Lapland is just 2,5 hours away from Tromsø. Hop on the Arctic Route bus from Tromsø centre, join a Snowmobile Safari and a relaxing overnight, including a Dinner Experience at Cahkal Hotel, in the town of Kilpisjärvi. A truly unique Arctic holiday.
A fun snowmobile Safari is included in this package upon arrival in Finland, on your trip above the Arctic Circle. Visit the unique '3-border' point, where Sweden, Finland, and Norway meet, by crossing the frozen Kilpisjärvi lake. The next day is open to your wishes: you can join a guided snowshoe hike in the backyard of the hotel, overlooking the lakes and mountains, try net-fishing with a local fisherman or visit a reindeer camp - this can be booked upon arrival, so you have the full flexibility during this get-away in Finnish Lapland.
Food from the North
Experience a 'From the North' menu, created with the purest and freshest ingredients from the Arctic nature at the high-level and stylish restaurant Aika Kitchen. A wine package can be added to this Dinner Experience (add it during your booking). Lunch on arrival day is also included.
Boutique Hotel Cahkal
The boutique and experience hotel Cahkal is located 400km above the Arctic Circle, the very northwesternmost point of Finland, near the Arctic Ocean. Create unforgettable experiences in a totally unique and pure arctic wilderness setting. Enjoy sweeping mountain views from our stylish and trendy rooms and suites. Experience the warm steam bath in the traditional Finnish sauna and simultaneously admire the stunning mountain scenery. An ideal alternative, as accommodation and hotels can be expensive and hard to book in Tromsø, Norway.
Comfortable transport included
We got you fully covered towards Finland. Hop on our Arctic Route bus in Tromsø centre and relax. This trip is bringing you via Balsfjord, via Lyngenfjord, over the mountain plateau at Helliskogen, to the gateway of the Wilderness: Kilpisjärvi.
- 07:00 - Departure with Arctic Route bus from Tromsø (next to Scandic Ishavshotel)
- 10:35 - Arrival at Kilpisjärvi, Finnish Lapland (1-hour time difference between Norway and Finland (09:35 Norwegian time))
- 11:00 - Snowmobile Safari until 14:00
- 14:15 - Transfer to Cahkal hotel from the Snowmobile Camp
- 14:30 - Check-in at the Boutique Hotel Cahkal, included lunch & relax
- 19:00: Dinner Experience at Aika Kitchen at Cahkal Hotel
- Next day:
- 07:00-10:00 - Breakfast
- 10:00: Time for activities at the hotel (Net fishing, Snowshoe, Skiing, Sauna)
- 18:10 - Departure from Cahkal Hotel, Kilpisjärvi
- 19:30 - Arrival in Tromsø (next to Scandic Ishavshotel)
Activities on the spot (availability depends on the day):
- Winter adventure by Snowshoes (2,5 hours): NOK 950 per person
- Ice fishing on a lake (3 hours): NOK 740 per person
- Reindeer visit (2 hours)
From 5250 NOK
- Transport with a comfortable Arctic Route bus from Tromsø center to Kilpisjärvi in Finland and back (2,5 hour drive)
- Overnight in Cahkal Boutique Hotel in Kilpisjärvi in Cahkal View Room
- Dinner Experience (3-course) at Aika Kitchen at Cahkal hotel
- 3-hour snowmobile Safari to the magic 3-border point in Kilpisjärvi
- Lunch upon arrival at Cahkal (hot soup, including coffee)
- Sauna access (split between men and women)
- Optional: 'Welcome drink and Wine'-package
- Optional: Private Sauna (1 hour)
- Travel Journey Overview
This package is not available on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Our package trips
Reindeer Camp Overnight with Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 5790 NOK
Whale-Watching from SvolværBook from 3490 NOK
The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in LofotenBook from 990 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBook from 1500 NOK
Travel from Tromsø to Polar Park with Arctic RouteBook from 1765 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3780 NOK
Aurora Hut Overnight with Daytime Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 4894 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK