To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from Tromsø
From 1950 NOK
Join this self-guided day trip, starting from Tromsø city and going along the National Scenic Route to the mesmerizing island of Senja.
This tour offers you an easy-to-book possibility to visit the majestic island of Senja in a comfortable and frictionless way, with departure from Tromsø, including 1 scenic ferry trip and several photo stops as well as a delicious-tasting lunch platter in the idyllic Hamn resort. Fill both your senses and your stomach with great memories on this compact sightseeing tour in Northern Norwegian landscapes
5 reasons to visit Senja
- Until now, it is still a hidden gem to many travellers - you will have nature for yourself.
- The viewpoints at Tugneset, Bergsbotn, Mefjord, Ersfjord and the Bergsæya archipelago of Hamn are mesmerizing.
- The National Scenic Route as Senja must be the best one out of all 18 Routes.
- Pure blue waters, green forests and white mountain tops will be pure 'eye-candy'.
- The friendliness of the local people will give this island a place in your heart.
Island hopping by bus and ferry along the National Scenic Route
Go for a wonderful day along the Norwegian coast, hopping from Tromsø island to Kvaløya island, to Senja Island. After 1,5 hour drive from Tromsø, you hop on a local ferry crossing over to Senja, where the unique nature will dazzle you.
Along the way, there will be photo stops at Kattfjordeidet lake and Ersfjord beach – once chosen as the most beautiful beach in Norway. Time to stretch your legs here and take in the Arctic summer scenery. Keep your camera close.
The magic of Senja
Senja is often nicknamed “a Norway in miniature”. On this tour, you will pass through many of the different types of wilderness and landscapes Norway has to offer. It is home to deep fjords, steep mountains, white beaches and a strong fishing culture. You will follow one of Norway’s 18 National Scenic Routes on the western outskirts of Senja. Photo stop at the scenic Ersfjord beach surrounded by majestic mountains and “decorated” with the gradually world-famous ‘Golden Toilet’.
Local lunch at the historical Hamn
In the Storbrygga restaurant at former fishing station Hamn in Senja from the 1880's, you can enjoy a traditional local food-tasting platter accompanied by a fabulous view of the locals’ favorite mountain Sukkertoppen and the harbor. If the weather allows it, you can enjoy lunch in the maritime atmosphere outdoors on the quay itself. Just relax and take it all in.
Interested in locally brewed beer? Top up your experience with a beer-tasting.
Food: 2-course tasting lunch/tasting platter is included in your trip. Kiosk with snacks and drinks available in Hamn as well. For your way back to Tromsø, a food bag including a tasty vegetarian wrap and Arctic water is included. If you need more, we stop at the local supermarket in Skaland on Senja (13:35 on the way to, and at 16:15 on the way back) - not open on Sundays.
- Departure Tromsø: 08:45 (from the big parking lot next to Scandic Ishavshotel in tromsø centre)
- Photo stop at Katfjordeidet: 09:20
- Sea ferry crossing: 10:45-11:00
- Photo stop at Ersfjord Beach: 12:30-12:50
- Arrival Hamn i Senja: 14:25
- Seafood lunch in His + walk around: 14:25-15:25 (1 hour)
- Departure Hamn i Senja: 15:30
- Sea ferry crossing: 18:00-18:45
- Arrival Tromsø: 20:15
The Arctic Route bus will make several drop-off/pick-up stops between Tromsø - Senja.
From 1950 NOK
- Scenic bus route along lakes, fjords, mountains, and arctic villages, with departure from Tromsø
- Photo stops at Kattfjordeidet lake and Ersfjord beach
- Ferry crossing of 40 minutes between Kvaløya and Senja (both ways)
- Tasting lunch platter including fish in the restaurant or at the quay in front of the restaurant Storbrygge
- Optional beer-tasting: 3x10cl of local brewed beers by Senja Handbryggeri
- Food bag including vegetarian wrap and Arctic water
- Free wifi, USB charging points and toilet on board the bus
- Digital Story App by Arctic Route
Our package trips
Visit magical Senja island, including 1 overnight, from TromsøBook from 2950 NOK
Fjord Cruise & Northern LightsBook from 2880 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3780 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK