The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in Lofoten
From 990 NOK
Visit the UNESCO active fishing village of Nusfjord, hidden away from the main route in Lofoten. Continue to the ultimate Viking museum in the Arctic Circle: Lofotr, where you can eat, dress up and even row on a real Viking ship!
A wonderful day trip within Lofoten!
Hop on the Arctic Route bus, and dive into one of Norway's best-preserved villages: Nusfjord. In order to keep the village picture-perfect, an entrance fee is required, though this is included in this ticket. Although the fisher village is a must-see, it is the entrance route towards Nusfjord that will leave you speechless. A unique possibility via the Arctic Route.
Afterward, you head further east towards the famous Lofotr Viking Museum, where you can roam around for 3 hours. You will make good use of this time, by wandering around the Viking Longhouse, walking towards the lake, going rowing on a Viking ship or even joining an axe-throwing game. This is all included in your entrance ticket. Much joy for all ages.
On the way back, we stop for a visit to Lofoten Surf Camp, to admire the impressive Skagsanden beach and the landmark church of Flakstad.
Food: At Nusfjord you find a shop, bakery, and restaurant. At Lofort Viking museum, you find a delicious lunch bar inside, where you can purchase sandwiches, salads, hot drinks, ice cream etc.
Starting locations: at Eliassen Rorbuer at Hamnøy or Reine Rorbuer at Reine. Choose during your booking.
- Departure Reine: 08:35 (be there at 08:20)
- Departure Hamnøy: 09:05 (be there at 08:50)
- Arrival Nusfjord: 10:00 - 11:10
- Departure Nusfjord: 11:25
- Lofotr arrival: 12:20 - 14:55
- Lofotr departure: 15:10
- Flakstad Photostop: 16:10
- Arrival at Hamnøy: 17:00
- Arrival Hamnøy Reine: 17:25
Please be on time back at the bus, to hop on the Arctic Route bus to continue your journey.
From 990 NOK
- Arctic Route transport from and back to Reine/Hamnøy.
- Entrance to Nusfjord (self-guided)
- Entrance to Lofotr Viking Museum (self-guided)
- Photo stop at Flakstad and Lofoten Beach Camp
- Digital storytelling via Arctic Route Story app
- Free wifi, USB-charging points and toilet on board