Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodation
From 4950 NOK
Join us on a Whale-Watching Safari, with bus transport from Tromsø and overnight in the town of Andenes.
An overnight at Andenes is needed for join a Whale-Watching trip at Andenes from Tromsø during your Arctic summer holiday. Accommodation is included in this summer package.
Are you traveling to Arctic Norway during midnight sun time and want to go on a whale-watching tour? Join us on a Whale-Watching Safari by Rigid Inflatable Boat, from Tromsø (by bus) to Andenes, including overnight.
This trip includes scenic road transport by bus along one of Norway's National Scenic Routes on the island of Senja, two ferry crossings between the islands of Kvaløya, Senja and Andøya, including an overnight in the village of Andenes - a truly Arctic summer 2-day experience above the Arctic Circle, topped-up with a Whale-Watching Safari by Rigid Inflatable Boat!
A great summer package deal from Tromsø, for you: Once in Tromsl during summer, travel by bus to Andenes, and join an Arctic Whale-Watching tour! You will be able to observe fin whales, sperm whales and orcas, among others.
- 08:45 - departure from Tromsø centre (next to Scandic Ishavshotel)
- 10:45 - ferry at Brensholmen to Senja - 40 minutes
- 12:50 - photo stop at Ersfjord beach - one of Senja's most beautiful fjord beaches
- 15:00 - ferry at Gryllefjord to Andøya - 1h40minutes - keep your eyes open for whales and seals
- 16:50 - arrival at Andenes - in front of the hotel - check-in
- 16:50 - free time in Andenes and overnight at the hotel
- 09:00 - Whale-Watching Safari and hot lunch
- 12:30 - departure from Andenes to Tromsø
- 20:15 - arrival at Tromsø
Departure location at Tromsø: The Arctic Route - Google Maps
Food: Lunch and hot drinks are included in your trip after the whale-watching safari on day 2. On both routes, food can be bought during the bus stops at the supermarket in Skaland (day 1 at 13:35 / day 2 at 16:15 - not open on Sunday - bring your own food).
What to do at Andenes?
- Visit the Lighthouse, built in 1859 and witness the best viewpoint over Andenes town, sea and mountains (open until 20:00 (8pm))
- Dive into the Andenes museum (open until 20:00 (8pm)).
- You will find cosy restaurants and bars, such as Arresten and Lyshustet for dinner on arrival day.
From 4950 NOK
- Scenic bus transportation from Tromsø to the tip of Andenes with Arctic Route along the National Scenic Route
- Short photo stops along the way
- 2 ferries crossing between the islands of Kvaløya, Senja and Andenes.
- Hotel overnight including a breakfast buffet at the town centre of Andenes
- Whale-watching Safari by Rigid Inflatable Boat (small open boat of up to 12 people)
- Hot vegetarian soup + hot drinks
- Warm safety suit
- Knowledgable English-speaking marine guide
- Free wifi, USB charging points and toilet on board the bus
- Digital Story App by Arctic Route
Accommodation in the centre of Andenes is included in this package deal.
Our package trips
Visit magical Senja island, including 1 overnight, from TromsøBook from 2950 NOK
Fjord Cruise & Northern LightsBook from 2880 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3780 NOK
Whale-Watching from SvolværBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBook from 1500 NOK