Whale-Watching from Svolvær
From 3490 NOK
Join us on an Arctic Whale Watching Safari, in Andenes, with bus transport from Svolvær, and watch the majestic orcas and sperm whales, above the Arctic Circle, in Norway.
A wonderful day out to meet the whales
If you are on holiday and visiting the Lofoten islands and want to get to know the area, then this tour is for you! Summer is one of the best time during the year to visit Lofoten and the Arctic due to the midnight sun phenomenon: the sun never sets between May and July!
This trip includes scenic road bus transport along one of Norway's National Scenic Route between Svolvær and the island of Andøya, and a ferry crossing between Lofoten and Vesterålen (35 minutes) - a truly complete summer experience.
From Lofoten Island to Andøya in Vesterålen
Whale watching is one of the best activities to do once in Lofoten, during the summertime in Norway. Actually, summer is one of the best times during the year to see whales such as orcas, sperm whales, and others, spotted along the Vesterålen coast. If you are lucky it is also possible to spot other kinds of whales such as pilot whales, minky whales, dolphins and even humpbacks.
Once you arrive in Andenes, it is time to dress up and pop into a Rigid Inflatable Boat! This RIB trip last between 2 to 3 hours, and you will then go back to Andenes, to get on the bus back to Svolvær.
- 07:30 - departure from Svolvær centre (Fiskegata)
- 08:30 - 09:05 - ferry crossing to Vesterålen
- 12:00 - unique photo stop at Norway's longest white-sandy beach of Bleik (20min)
- 12:35 - arrival at Andenes
- 13:00-16:00 - Whale-Watching Safari and hot lunch
- 16:45 - departure from Andenes to Svolvær
- 20:20-20:55 - ferry crossing back to Lofoten Islands
- 21:45: arrival at Svolvær
Departure location at Svolvær: Svolvær Sentrum Bus Stop - Google Maps
Food: Lunch (hot vegetarian soup with bread) and hot drinks are included in your trip after the whale-watching safari. Sandwiches, salads, and pastries are available for purchase on the ferry between Melbu and Fiskebøl (between 08:30-09:05 and 20:20-20:55).
Notice: This activity is weather-dependent. If the tour is cancelled, you will be informed as soon as possible and we will try to reschedule you for another day.
Notice: Please mind that the minimum age is 8 years and the minimum height is 120 cm.
From 3490 NOK
- Scenic bus transportation from Svolvær to the tip of Andenes with Arctic Route (see timeschedule)
- 35-minute ferry between Lofoten and Vesterålen
- Whale-watching Safari by RIB (small boat up to 12 people)
- Hot vegetarian soup + hot drinks
- Warm safety suit
- Knowledgable English-speaking marine guide
- Photo stop at Bleik Beach (20 min)
- Free wifi, USB charging points and toilet on board the bus
- Digital Story App by Arctic Route
Our package trips
Whale-Watching from SvolværBook from 3490 NOK
The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in LofotenBook from 990 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBook from 1500 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK