Dogsledding and Northern Lights
From 3780 NOK
Combine 2 of our best-seller arctic experiences: dogsledding during the day and Northern Lights Camp spotting during the evening.
A full-day adventure, including dogsledding during the day and Northern Light Aurora Camp during the evening. Between the 2 activities, you have around 2 hours in Tromsø to relax before you head out for your evening activity. Lunch is included in the dogsledding adventure, a hot meal is included in the evening activity.
- Adventures for pure areas and unconditional love
- Lovers of unique moments
- Aurora seekers with comfort
Wake up and smile, as today you will cuddle up to 60 huskies and go for an attempt to find the green lights dancing in the sky!
Your day starts with us at 08:30 at Radisson BLU hotel in Tromsø centre. Just about an hour from Tromsø, you find our kennel, surrounded by mighty mountains and deep valleys, which makes this safari a real northern Norwegian, Arctic experience. Here you will be greeted by happy huskies eagerly waiting to take you out on a fantastic dogsledding experience.
After a short explanation (in English!) on how to handle the dogs and sleds, we will leave in pairs. One will be the "musher" (driver), and the other will be on the sled. You change places along the way. The huskies love to run, but you have to be part of the team and help them up the slopes. It is a fun experience, but also a little physical workout.
This trip will give you a smile on your face and red roses on your cheeks. Back in the camp, hot soup and drinks await. You will be back at Tromsø around 15:45.
Time to relax or explore the city. We welcome you back at 18:15 at the Radisson BLU hotel for your evening activity: joining us at one of our Aurora Safari Camps, looking out for the aurora!
We drive in a spacious and comfortable bus, to one of our camps. We have camps in different locations, allowing us to choose the one with the better forecast on any given night, to show you the aurora borealis (last season we had a success rate of 85%).
At the camp, you will find plenty of space inside and outside, a local host, a warm shelter (a small house, a Sami tent, or another type of structure), toilet facilities, tripods to use free of charge and thermal winter suits for your disposal. We might also have a campfire and can sit outside on benches if the weather allows us. We will be back in Tromsø between 23:30 and 01:30.
DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL INFORMATION:
- Dogsledding: 08:45- 15:45 at Radisson Blu hotel, Tromsø. Check-in at our Hospitality Desk inside the hotel.
- Aurora Safari Camp: 18:15 - 01:30 at Radisson Blu hotel, Tromsø. Check-in at our Hospitality Desk inside the hotel.
- If you stay at Tromsø Lodge & Camping: Pick-up from Tromsø Lodge & Camping is possible for both activities (choose as free of charge option during your booking via ADD-ON)
GENERAL BOOKING INFORMATION:
- Availability: 01/12/2022 – 20/03/2023
- Every day
- Start: 08:45 from Tromsø - back at 23:30-01:30 in Tromsø
- Pick-up point: Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø
- Number of guests: 2-20
- Level: Medium. No wheelchair access.
- This adventure is possible for kids from 12 years old.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Warm clothes, boots, hat, mittens and scarf
- On both activities you can use warm winter suits free of charge
From 3780 NOK
- Return scenic transfers by comfortable coach (1 hour and 20 minutes each way)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guides
- 1 to 1.5 hours of self-drive dogsledding
- Thermal winter suits, winter boots, socks, gloves and hats
- Hot soup, hot drinks (chocolate, coffee and tea)
Evening Aurora Safari Camps
- Knowledgeable and dedicated English-speaking Northern Lights guide
- Transport by comfortable bus with on-board toilet
- Scenic, private and safe Aurora Safari Camp with toilet facilities
- Beautiful Northern Lights video shown on the bus
- Warm drinks, hot meal and sweet local cake (lefse)
- Warm overalls for use during the stay at the Aurora Safari Camp
- Tripods for use during the stay at the Aurora Safari Camp
- High-resolution northern lights photos from the tour free of charge
Our package trips
Reindeer Camp Overnight with Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 5790 NOK
Whale-Watching from SvolværBook from 3490 NOK
The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in LofotenBook from 990 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBook from 1500 NOK
Travel from Tromsø to Polar Park with Arctic RouteBook from 1765 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3780 NOK
Aurora Hut Overnight with Daytime Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 4894 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK