Aurora Hut Overnight with Daytime Snowmobile Adventure next day
10 December 2022 - 31 March 2023
Northern Lights, guided daytime snowmobile tour, unique holiday accommodation in an Aurora Hut, Arctic mountains and forests: an all-in-one magical adventure including return transport from Tromsø.
The meeting time and place for this adventure is in front of Scandic Ishavshotel in Tromsø at 4.45pm. You will be transported by bus to the snowmobile/Aurora Hut camp in Hatteng and will get there by 6.30pm.
This 24-hour package includes a daytime snowmobile activity, a self-guided soft activity, an overnight stay in an Aurora Hut Glass Igloo with panoramic windows, return transport from Tromsø and two meals (breakfast and lunch). Day 1: see the Northern Lights from your bed in the Aurora Hut
Have you ever dreamt of staying in a warm and cosy cabin with a comfortable bed and floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows in the middle of Arctic nature while looking at the aurora borealis? This is what you will get (if the Northern Lights appear) when staying in an Aurora Hut Glass Igloo, probably one of the best places in Norway to stay overnight. Enjoy a relaxing evening (with dinner included) before your big day of adventures! You can even pamper yourself a bit more by adding a sauna and/or Jacuzzi wellness session (additional cost).
The features of the Aurora Hut are:
- Comfortable double bed
- 180-degree view through panoramic windows
- Small indoor toilet in the hut, external (indoors) toilet and shower
- USB ports for charging devices
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ice fishing hole in the floor
- Separate space for luggage
- Adjustable indoor temperature
- Foldable table
- Running water (not drinkable)Day 2: guided daytime snowmobile tour and soft Arctic adventure
After a delicious breakfast, get ready for an exciting day of adventures in the Arctic! In the morning, you will go on your guided snowmobile trip in the Signaldalen valley. You will get thermal suits, boots, mittens, balaclava and a helmet to keep you warm and safe during the tour. Instructions on how to drive a snow scooter will be given. You will quickly get the hang of it! It’s then time to follow your experienced guide on a safe and varied 20 km track for about two hours. It is the longest snowmobile tour we have! Two guests share each snowmobile (one driver and one passenger) and will have several opportunities to swap places during the tour. We will make various stops to take photos of the beautiful Arctic landscape.
After the snowmobile safari, a well-deserved lunch will be served at the basecamp.
Before taking the bus back (at around 4pm), you will have two hours of free time. Borrow some snowshoes or fat bikes (free of charge) and explore the surroundings on your own! You can also choose to relax in the sauna/Jacuzzi one more time!
You will be back in Tromsø city centre by 6pm on day 2.
- Guests under 18 and guests without a driving licence are not allowed to drive.
- This tour is subject to weather and snow conditions. Owing to these conditions, the location of the activity can be moved to the nearby areas of Tamok or Skibotn (in the Storfjord/Lyngenfjord area).
- If conditions change, we reserve the right to amend the time spent on the snowmobile.
- The minimum height requirement for the excursion is 120 cm.
- We can’t guarantee you will see Northern Lights as it’s a natural phenomenon.
This adventure includes:
- Return transport from Tromsø (approx. 75 min each way)
- Overnight stay in an Aurora Hut
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian option on request)
- Outdoor bonfire area
- Common lounge
- Near a small village with grocery store
- Use of fat bikes and snowshoes
- 2-hour daytime snowmobile tour
- Knowledgeable English-speaking snowmobile guide
- Thermal winter suits, winter boots, mittens and balaclava
- Safety helmet
- Sauna: NOK 400 per person (min 2 pax)
- Sauna and Jacuzzi: NOK 750 per person (min 2 pax)
- Dinner: NOK 350 per person
- Single supplement: NOK 900 per person