Aurora Hut Overnight with Daytime Snowmobile Adventure next day
From 4894 NOK
Northern Lights, guided daytime snowmobile tour, unique holiday accommodation in an Aurora Hut, Arctic mountains and forests: an all-in-one magical adventure including return transport from Tromsø.
The meeting time and place for this adventure is in front of Scandic Ishavshotel in Tromsø at 17:00 (5pm). You will be transported by bus to the snowmobile/Aurora Hut camp in Hatteng and will get there by 6.30pm.
This 24-hour package includes a daytime snowmobile activity, a self-guided soft activity, an overnight stay in an Aurora Hut Glass Igloo with panoramic windows, return transport from Tromsø and three meals (dinner, breakfast and lunch).
Day 1: see the Northern Lights from your bed in the Aurora Hut
Have you ever dreamt of staying in a warm and cosy cabin with a comfortable bed and floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows in the middle of Arctic nature while looking at the aurora borealis? This is what you will get (if the Northern Lights appear) when staying in an Aurora Hut Glass Igloo, probably one of the best places in Norway to stay overnight. Enjoy a relaxing evening, including a hot meal, before your big day of adventures! You can even pamper yourself a bit more by adding a sauna and/or Jacuzzi wellness session (additional cost).
The Aurora hut has a small toilet (external (indoors) toilet and shower),USB ports for charging devices, and free Wi-Fi.
Day 2: guided daytime snowmobile tour and soft Arctic adventure
After a delicious breakfast, get ready for an exciting day of adventures in the Arctic! In the morning, you will go on your guided snowmobile trip in the Signaldalen valley. You will get thermal suits, boots, mittens, balaclava and a helmet to keep you warm and safe during the tour. Instructions on how to drive a snow scooter will be given. You will quickly get the hang of it! It’s then time to follow your experienced guide on a safe and varied 20 km track for about two hours. It is the longest snowmobile tour we have! Two guests share each snowmobile (one driver and one passenger) and will have several opportunities to swap places during the tour. We will make various stops to take photos of the beautiful Arctic landscape. After the snowmobile safari, a well-deserved lunch will be served at the basecamp.
Before taking the bus back (at around 4pm), you will have two hours of free time. Borrow some snowshoes or fat bikes (free of charge) and explore the surroundings on your own! You can also choose to relax in the sauna/Jacuzzi one more time! You will be back in Tromsø city centre by 6pm on day 2.
- All transport from Tromsø is included.
- Guests under 18 and guests without a driving licence are not allowed to drive.
- This tour is subject to weather and snow conditions. Owing to these conditions, the location of the activity can be moved to the nearby areas of Tamok or Skibotn (in the Storfjord/Lyngenfjord area).
- If conditions change, we reserve the right to amend the time spent on the snowmobile.
- The minimum height requirement for the excursion is 120 cm.
- We can’t guarantee you will see Northern Lights as it’s a natural phenomenon.
From 4894 NOK
- Transport from Tromsø to the Basecamp (75 minutes one way) at 17:00 (5pm)
- Check-in into your Aurora hut with a comfortable double bed in a 180-degree view and roof hut
- Small indoor toilet in the hut, shared shower facilities
- Dinner (hot meal) is included
- Explore the area via the free use of fat bikes and snowshoes
- Add a relaxing sauna or jacuzzi to your evening
- Outdoor bonfire area, ideal spot to wait for the Northern Lights to pass by and common indoor lounge (for cosy talks, board games, ...)
- English-speaking snowmobile guide (start 10:30)
- 1,5 to 2-hour snowmobile ride
- Thermal winter suit, winter boots, mittens and hat + safety helmet
- Lunch included + hot lunch and drinks (please request a vegetarian meal when booking)
- Transport back from the Basecamp to Tromsø (75 minutes one way) at 16:00 (back in Tromsø at 17:35)
Our package trips
Reindeer Camp Overnight with Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 5790 NOK
Whale-Watching from SvolværBook from 3490 NOK
The ultimate Fishing Culture and Viking trip in LofotenBook from 990 NOK
Round trip by bus and Hurtigruten ship into Trollfjord from LofotenBook from 1500 NOK
Travel from Tromsø to Polar Park with Arctic RouteBook from 1765 NOK
Dogsledding and Northern LightsBook from 3780 NOK
Aurora Hut Overnight with Daytime Snowmobile Adventure next dayBook from 4894 NOK
Whale-Watching from TromsøBook from 3490 NOK
Whale-Watching from Tromsø including accommodationBook from 4950 NOK
To the majestic fjords and mountains of magical Senja, from TromsøBook from 1950 NOK